PINEY STUARTBRUN WEED CONTROL AND BUILDING INSPECTION DISTRICT
Building Inspector/Weed Supervisor: Gary Hora
Phone: 204-380-9624 (cell) 204-425-3218 (office)
A building permit must be obtained from the RM of Stuartburn office prior to the start of construction. A permit will be issued once applicable fees have been paid for and when the building inspector has had a chance to review the application and all supporting documentation. This may take up to 2 weeks during the peak season. For building permit fees or yard setbacks please contact the municipal office.
When calling for an inspection, 48 hour notice must be given to the building inspector prior to needing an inspection.
If your project requires a variance, conditional use or rezoning you will be required to fill out the Zoning Amendment Application Form and submit it to the office so we can arrange a public hearing.
BUILDING PERMIT INFORMATION
Building Permit Guide- Building Permit Guide
Building permit requirements- Building Permit Requirements
Building permit application- Building Permit Application Form
Development Permit Application- Development Permit Application Form
WHEN IS A DEVELOPMENT PERMIT REQUIRED?
- Erection or placement of any building or structure.
- Additions, extensions, conversions of any building or structure.
- Accessory building 120 sqft or more.
- Farm or Commercial buildings.
- Temporary buildings (incl. temporary (re) located building)
- Relocation, removal or demolition of whole or part of a building.
- Renovation projects that effect the structure integrity of a building and proper venting of plumbing.
WHEN IS A DEVELOPMENT PERMIT NOT REQUIRED?
- Replacement of stucco, siding, shingles, eaves troughs and down spouts.
- Replacement of doors, windows when the size of the opening is not altered.
- Construction/maintenance of fences (must be inside the property lines) Please contact us for the height requirements.
- Painting, Patching and decorating, installation/replacement of cabinets, shelves or flooring.
- Installation/replacement of sidewalks or ornamental light standards.
- Accessory building less than 120 sqft. Provided it does not create a hazard or is located in the front of a residence including neighboring properties.
- single level decks less then 24'' in height